Clinfield’s mission, simply put, is to serve those who serve others through research; to encourage those working in research to realise their own brilliance and unique contributions and to experience greater satisfaction in their roles in their chosen field of clinical research.
A group of professionals who had worked in various areas of clinical research came together to create a website, a blog, courses, a national conference and an online resource centre. The content, whether it is shared online or in face to face sessions, was created to support everyone working in research from novice to experienced researcher.
The lab skills course, offered in collaboration with Imperial College London, offers lab skills training for people who may not have extensive experience in the lab, but who are being asked to process, package and ship samples for clinical research. You can have a sneak peek at what this course is about here.
Since 2010, over 2,500 people have attended Clinfield courses with some attendees completing all six course in the portfolio and some 1500 people have attended the five Clinfield conferences. Whatever the event, the Clinfield facilitators come away inspired by the work being done by people with a passion for making a difference though research. This is what keeps us going and what keeps us wanting to serve and support those working at the forefront of patient care in research.
- that it requires specialised knowledge to work in research.
- there are many challenges to carrying out research in a busy and burdened healthcare system, yet every day you show the grit needed to overcome these challenges.
- it takes a plethora of skills and talents to make research in healthcare successful and this rich and diverse environment offers tremendous opportunity for professional growth.
- you are making an incredibly valuable contributions to health through research.
Clinfield continues its mission to support & inspire you by helping you:
- build a strong foundation of knowledge of research.
- create an exciting vision for your career in clinical research.
- find the magic in everyday tasks where you can use your unique talents to make a difference to others.
Keep up the great work, your patients are counting on you.